Decoding Dyslexia – NJ is a grassroots movement driven by NJ families concerned with the limited access to educational interventions for dyslexia within our public schools. We aim to raise dyslexia awareness, empower families to support their children and inform policy-makers on best practices to identify, remediate and support students with dyslexia in NJ public schools.
We are advocating for NJ to implement:
- A universal definition and understanding of “dyslexia” in the state education code
- Mandatory teacher training on dyslexia, its warning signs and appropriate intervention strategies
- Mandatory early screening tests for dyslexia
- Mandatory dyslexia remediation programs, which can be accessed by both general and special education populations
- Access to appropriate “assistive technologies” in the public school setting for students with dyslexia
DD-NJ with Steven Wilson, Senior Policy Advisor for Rep Frelinghuysen (NJ)
DD-NJ with Timothy Lynagh, Deputy Chief of Staff & Legislative Director for Rep Christopher Smith (NJ)
DD-NJ with Rep Rush Holt (NJ)
DD-NJ with Brendan Hennessey, Legislative Assistant for Rep Frank Pallone (NJ)
Check us out on Instagram!
A grassroots community of parents and educators driven to raise dyslexia awareness, empower families and advocate for change in the NJ public schools.